Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

WARNING: Soapbox If it's not broken, don't fix it


Oh Starbucks. You're on strike two... that only leaves one to go. First you ban concealed weapons in all your stores compromising the rights of law abiding citizens everywhere. Shameful - but I'll save that rant for a later day. Since that decision I have not frequented your stores nearly as often as I use to. UNLESS... it's the holidays. In which case, no one can make a Pumpkin Spice Latte or an Eggnog Latte quite like you. I've looked. It's just a fact. So I forgive you for one bad egg at the top making a wrong decision during the holidays. 

You make a dam good holiday latte. 

Until you ruined tried to ruin Christmas. You dropped the Eggnog Latte. 

You forgot a very important rule - if it's not broken, don't fix it. 

This very morning I awoke nearly two hours before I usually do to meet an old friend for coffee. My first thought after complaining to myself about the early alarm was the delicious Eggnog Latte I would enjoy in my first red cup of the season and my beloved gold sleeve while catching up with a dear friend. Little did I know your nasty trick to try and ruin Christmas. 

I am pleased to learn that after only six days you acknowledge that people have very emotional connection to the holidays, "and Starbucks is a part of that tradition" you have since decided to reinstate this 'tradition'. After all this silly overpriced amazingly awesome venti non-fat Eggnong Latte and all of its 570 calories is a part of my holiday tradition. (See #26 here). 

Strike two Starbucks. Strike two. 




No comments:

Post a Comment