Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Happy Birthday to US!

If I could have created a person to spend my life with it would be Tommy Thompson. When I think back about the guy I dreamed up I nearly nailed it. I wanted a tall guy that had character and attitude. Someone that took charge and who's presence made people turn when they walked into a room. Someone who was fiercely protective of me and challenged me. Someone that made me laugh yet could also sit in silence and 'just be' near me. Soft yet strong. When I painted a picture of this man to friends it was guy on a Harley holding a puppy. Hard exterior yet soft inside. Enter Tommy Thompson. While he prefers street bikes to Harley's - it still counts. And as far as the dog goes, the man that once hated dogs can be found baby talking, snuggling and loving on our Sweet Lucy daily. Nearly nailed it.

Today I turn 27 for the sixth time. And as if that weren't rad enough I get to share my special day with my most favorite person in the world. My best friend, my soul mate, my love. It's not too often that you meet someone you share a birthday with let alone the person you would do life with but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Best.Birthday.Gift.Ever.

We decided in lieu of gifts each year we would take a trip. Last year we celebrated with close friends at George Straight's last and final concert in Dallas and I can't wait to see what we decide on this year and years to come.

Happy birthday to us!

(And for the record, Tommy Thompson is six whole entire years older than I am. For the record.)

Also for the record I will not be making birthday cakes this year thanks to an upcoming trip to Miami but if I were... I'd be making my favorite, Grapefruit Poppyseed Torte with White Chocolate Mousse 

George Straight's last and final concert, Dallas, summer 2014
We both have the same favorite bar in Las Vegas... coincidence??


No comments:

Post a Comment