Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Happy Birthday Little One!



How is it already April ?!?! 2015 has been a whirlwind of year. Instead of being disappointed in myself for letting my blog go by the wayside the last three months I'm committing to more frequent, shorter posts.

Today is the Little One's eleventh birthday. Eleven whole entire years old today. He is about to graduate fifth grade and we're tackling the mountain that is selecting a middle school. He loves playing sports, enjoys the guitar, is a guys guy in so many ways yet the most kind and sensitive little boy I've ever met. I love watching him and Tommy Thompson together. They have the most adorable inside jokes and giggles. I caught them last week reading one of Tommy Thompson's favorite childhood books before school - melt my heart. I'll be late to work any day of the week to watch those two together.

In preparation for Easter I asked him if he was going to write the Easter Bunny a note - I was crushed when he told me that he wasn't sure the Easter Bunny was real. I asked if that meant his beloved Elf Jingles and Santa were real and he confessed to seeing a picture on my iPad on where to hide the Elf... major fail. While he may be entering the age of no more Santa's I feel so lucky we had a believer for 10+ years. His creativity and imagination are something to endeavor for at any age. 

Tonight we're celebrating at his favorite sushi restaurant, followed by cake and presents at home and I cannot wait!! Birthdays and presents are fun but it's a whole new level of fun with little guys. He asked for his favorite, funfetti cake - and asked that this time I make it 'funfettiiier'. It's a word - trust me. I'm not a cake mix person so I called in my mother to help make my recipe 'funfettiiier'. She suggested I add some maraschino cherry juice and almond to the batter, and while I've yet to try to finished product the batter definitely tasted 'funfettiiier'. 

Happy eleventh birthday little one! I am so thankful to be a part of you and dad's life and I look forward to watching grown into a fabulous young man!!





For my funfetti cake recipe go here. I added 2 teaspoons of maraschino cherry juice and 1 teaspoon of almond extra to the batter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment